View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ardy

my heart breaks into a billion bits.. reading your story took me back to my Dear friend Sissy Stock and her hubby.. he is still such a peach.. I am so thankfull for having gotten to met this lovely southern lady of so much laughter and love.. but... she was a drinker of gin.. all the time ... at work she started her day in her private office.. when she had to go to rehab for a month.. she walked me around her office Now Honey lamb, don't let them touch this and watch out for this plant and the checks are here.. Doctor Ward and Ben were so funny for the first week, Ardy do you know how to do this. Yes Sir and I took the reins and then they need to write checks. the 2 became private that week.. locked the door to Sissy's office I stayed my ground at my Desk, then Ben came over and said what do you know Solider I said need to know basis yep solider and I went into my friends office and did the tour of duty.. Doctor ward opened and closed and found and found and found.. they knew of her problem just not that bad.. and then it was so funny Ardy were are the checks.. sit down Doc Ward.. turn to the desk in the box by your left foot. the only place they did not look.. loved them all so much... stood Guard on several times even after Sissy came back.. she went to marry Jim her Southern Gentlemen the first time.. she was drunk so bad.. we were at their ranch she had started the night before .. in her private quarters... I went from the Gentlemen to the Pastor to the Bridesmaids to Sissy for hours... and then she would have none of it.. it took 2 years. Jim was with her right up to her death in 2009.... this is hard.. we had come home to Milwaukee.. had not seen her or heard from them in 5 years... doing a review job for a company, I had to make phone calls to see if the numbers were correct.. called this one number, something rang a bell in me and a gentlemens voice came on the other end... my breath caught Jim James my friend is that you. this is ardy... my Dear Northern Peach he said I sobbed... jim and I chatted a bit and then I said is Sissy around can I say Hi.. my sweet child she is will the Lord.. my heart broke .. yep I need a tissue.. she died of the drinking in a nursing home for a year she was just 49 when she went.. Iam 64 James is over 80......can hear her laughter just now and she is snapping her fingers and in a gown with cowboy boots and her hair pulled back... she was such a good friend a big part of why Florida and Tallahassee did not make me so sad for Wisconsin.. love to all.. and so many many prayers of Faith Love and Family.. just a lady clown ardy...