Thread: heart break
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BlueChair

Originally Posted by spia View Post
I know. I just feel like his own must be so unbearable. I don't think he is getting high just to pay. I think and know it's to numb his pain. I'm so sorry for his family. I'm sorry his parents have to watch their child hurt, lost, and be so alone.
And I'm sorry for our daughter who is too young to understand any of this. But who can still feel the presence of pain through me.
Spia its good your husband is going to rehab. It doesnt matter how he gets in there as long as he stays for a while. It will give him time to get off the substances, away from users, and begin to think clearly about his life and what he wants. Rehabs are all different, but when my husband was in he got lots of personalized care, counseling for inside issues, the pain which you talk about. I think these things have to be resolved, and they have to get out of the habit of turning to substances for comfort, coping. If all his coping skills point him to substances then rehab can help him learn new life skills.

Of course he does have to want to change, but I dont think change is exactly always like BOOM im ready for change now. Being led into change is just as acceptable, having them slowly see aahh change is good.

My husband never did meetings of any kind, but rehab and counseling have worked for him.

I know you must be scared, but this is an opportunity for focused help and change. Its good !