Thread: Regrets
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

Originally Posted by mimsy1 View Post
Nuudawn, I continued to drink during and after the divorce, for years. Denial, big time. Even when I damaged my health. Beyond pathetic.
Aw Sweetie...well, when we don't know how to deal, the bottle is the common answer that leads us here. Alcohol has always been an issue for me, but it took its ugliest turn when my heart got broken.

Buy hey..now you are sober...and NOW you are dealing. It may not be too warm and fuzzy feeling but you are doing it. I know that it was only years later when some of my thinking and belief systems changed (but alcohol had already gotten its foothold) that I kicked myself for not getting help with the pain via counselling etc. I just immediately ran to the bottle.

I am now a firm believer in getting support and understanding and wisdom for that which I don't understand or that is causing me difficulty. I so wish I had that attitude before. Perhaps I wouldn't have become an individual of addictions had I not been groomed with a "suck it up and get over it ...and NEVER let anyone see you sweat" attitude.

We ain't meant to do life alone. We are not islands. We need people. We need community and care. We need to be able to reach out for help without fear.

I am so very glad you are here Mimsy.