View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 09:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Minx1969

It's been 6 months for me and I am finally getting closure. Do I miss my ex? Yes. Am I still in love with him? Yes. Do I deserve better? Yes.

For me - I was still hurting, imaging he was getting healthy without me (oh the terrible places our minds can go!) Two things happened: 1 - I bumped into on the street..He looked horrible. he looked bloated, had gained 20 lbs and if I had met him then for the first time..I would have never thought he was cute. (he's only 31)..

upon hearing his dad was back in the hospital with cancer, I waited a week and called him..I need to make sure of my reasons..

He just HAD to TELL me about his new girlfriend of 4 months..he was in love and they were talking about getting married..

I guess for me that was the final kick in the teeth I needed and made me truely see he was sick and not interested in recovery..

Yes - I still think about him..Yes I still pray for him every day..I hope some day he will get recovery and maybe in this lifetime we can be friends..It isn't going to be today though..

I'm just relieved to be out of the relationship and happy again! I had the best week last week..full of serenity and happiness..

I'm not ready for another relationship..still recovering for this last one..besides don't want to pick yet another alcoholic..someone in recovery would be great..

Anyway, there is no time limit on grief..I'm surprised that I'm doing as well as I am..but I think that the love and support of Alanon is making it easier for me..

Hang in there everyone,

Del