View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ahcb

Hi all,

Just an observation. It is normal to miss an ex, alcholic or not. It is a normal thing. SOmetimes though if we are very honest, what we miss is not so much the "ex" but what he/she represented. A relationship. Holding hands with someone, talking late into the night, a little romance etc. Often our memories, do not jive with the reality of what was, we always look at and dream of what could of been.

It is normal to miss someone, to feel lonely etc. Those feelings will pass. But please remember this. YOU DESERVE THE RELATIONSHIP YOU WANT TO HAVE. You are worthy of it, deserving of it, and it will come. Today? Tomorrow? not sure. But i believe with all my heart it will come.

Its funny im not to old 44, but have really dealt with a lot of loss and heartache over the years. Things do get better. My favorite expression which can be applied to any situation is "and this too shall pass".

SO trust me...(when has a guy ever said that to ya?) you will soon find yourself happy and content and actually it may come as a surprise to you. You stop and say..mm not bad...This sadness or lonliness is temporary. A blip. It to shall pass...........aj