View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
StandingStrong

((((Grace))))
I think it's normal for you to miss him. And there is no time line on grief. I think you're greiving a lot of things right now, loss of the relationship and loss of the dreams that you held for your future with him, etc. There is no time line when you love someone or care for someone, etc. You may always miss him - and maybe you won't. Only time will tell - and there is no set time that may happen.
You wonder why you miss him. Only you can really answer that as well. I know that for me....AH and I have been split up for a little over a year with not a lot of contact. I occassionally still miss him and find myself second-guessing myself. And like you, I have to really wonder what it is that I miss. But I know what things I miss and I know what things I don't miss. And though we may never end up back together, that doesn't change the fact that I'll probably always love him and care about him. So in a way, I'll miss him always - or miss the dreams that I had of our life together or the dreams I had for our future, etc.
All I can suggest is to really focus on yourself. Find yourself some friends to hang out with and new hobbies to throw yourself into. Prove to yourself that you can have a greater life, even a better life, without him than with him! Your life is about YOU now so live it!
By the way - congrats on seeing the alcoholics that have asked you out. I think that's a sure sign of growth for you. A lot of people that don't recover themselves end up repeating the patterns with others. You've broken that cycle and I think you're doing wonderfully!