View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
herradura

Free owl,

Thanks for the thoughts and I truly appreciate them. Yes I am going to go to the game, I have to, I really do. I am the cook for the whole deal and these guys even though mostly "successful" are lost without their wives.

I booked the trip the same day I got on this site. It has been planned for a whole year, but I did not want to go because I had already traveled enough this year. But I booked it and made the commitment to go. This is where the conflict is, when I commit to being somewhere or doing something I am spot on. Except with drinking, overeating and nicotine gum.

I have a plan and it is to not drink and just go with the flow of things. One of my buddies is bringing in his whole family (not staying with us) and I will hang with him. He is who I want to be, successful financially, but fit and not a problem drinker, great wife and four kids. So that is what I am going to shoot for.

I knew this weekend was coming up for a month, but decided not to "deal" with it until I was ready to head to the airport. Otherwise I would be all screwed around mentally for the whole month in addition to the things I normally worry about.

Thanks again, you are right.

BTW I have barn owls at my ranch and they eat my chickens. I don't mind really because they are so cool. One is almost 3.5 feet tall. He lives in a tree at the end of the property and my kids collect the "pellets" and dissect them.