View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

I think that game day is an excuse to drink. That simple. If you want to stay sober, and you know that going to that game is going to be more work than enjoyment because you'll be fighting to stay sober, then the best thing is to not go. And given that you've admitted going is going to be your free for all ticket to go on a bender... well, there's the blatant truth. You are in essence planning to drink.

Which do you want more? A bender at a game, or sobriety?

You seem to be a work hard, play hard type. Maybe it's time to look at your values and ideals. Do you actually want to be sober, a non-smoker, a healthy moderate eater? Achieving those goals isn't really the point. But living that way and reaping the benefits of that way of life are more the point, right?

I want to be a meditator, but not for the sake of racking up another day where I meditated. I guess I want what meditation brings to my life. I want to learn how to tap into that inner peace, inner acceptance, unconditional sort of self love, you know? I no longer want to be a CONSUMER and ACHIEVER, for the sake of those things as an action or way to push down the underlying more important and intangible things.