View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Tansy

Think of it as prolonging the agony if you do. I let my x come back 4 times. ( it turned out he didn't really want come back either but it was easier) It was just putting off the time I had to move on and deal with my own issues and get my own life sorted. Part of that was seeing I was lonely with him, that once he was back after the initial euphoria I felt sad, depressed and flat again. Nothing changed except it got worse and I accepted that as normal.

He left for a reason. The reason hasn't changed. The drinking will continue, it will get worse. That's all you have to look forward to out of this. Him coming back is like putting an elastoplast on a main artery bleed. Your motives for asking him are probably cos you are scared to be on your own ( you already are) , you won't get anyone better ( being on your own is better and yes you will ...in time when you are healed), you remember the good times ( they will get fewer and further between as time goes by), you think your kids need a dad ( what a drunk one?) etc

Don't do it Butterfly. Keep off that phone for yourself. Look at your signature. It's very true xxx