View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Adnamaeel

Solitary, I'm sorry you're feeling low again, but just remember that it's not a permanent state of being for you. Hang in there.
Rocks, tomorrow is a new day, and Vegas seems to be designed to bring out the worst in everyone. You've made tremendous progress, you'll be able to continue to make progress once you get home. Think of this weekend as a blip, not a failure.
Mariah, going on a blind date is pretty brave, even of the results were just so-so. I'm glad you got some time for yourself this weekend. I agree about how important that is. I hope that chicken was good, and that your grand kids get better really soon
Applekat, congratulations on 2 weeks, and what a gorgeous place to go canoeing. I bet your kids loved it, and hopefully you had fun, too. Hangover free is a great way to be on a holiday.
Freein, I have so much confidence in you getting through your holiday unscathed, I really hope you get to a point where you feel confident, too. Remember the fools bargain, even if you don't have internet access. You can still write to us. Remember, this is a rejuvenating respite, not a holiday, and it can be whatever you choose for it to be.
Obosob, I can't even imagine what it must be like to live amongst the crowds of Hong Kong, I find the crowds in London and NY to be way too overwhelming. I hope it feels good to be back at work. I wish the kids here were able to get that level of education.
Lucrezia, I hope day 33 has been a good one. It's time to break some records, I think. I also think it's fantastic that you are getting back to work on writing novels.
Topspin, perfection is a pointless goal, good luck getting your project done.
Dee, I'm so glad your housing situation has been sorted out. That must be quite a relief.
My house is almost painted! There's only a little bit of trim left to do, and I am so ready for it to be done. I've had a friend helping me, and she's going to finish tomorrow, I've hit my limit. I don't want to climb back on a shaky ladder on uneven ground again for a long time now. I feel like I could have made an anti drug public service announcement about this project, something like "if you spend all your money on drugs, you'll be stuck having to do projects like this, too, because you won't be able to afford to hire a crew to do it for you". I did actually have the money to hire house painters to do this last year, but I spent it on drugs instead, so in addition to painting the last couple of weeks, I guess I've also been doing pennance. I don't know when I'll feel all paid up on my misdeeds, but I suppose it takes a while.
I'm going back to the East Coast again on Thursday, and have a lot to do in preparation, but am really looking forward to this trip. I'm going to 3 states this time, I'll visit my grandparents again, spend time with a friend, and go to a cousin's wedding. I can't believe how much time I've spent out of town this year. I used to really have to scramble to get enough pills together to last me for an entire trip, I often scheduled them around when I knew drugs were likely to be available to me, and it is such a relief to be done dealing with that.