View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
zero, it sucks that the old crowd is still bent on getting altered. Glad you were able to make it through unscathed. I'm sure strapping on the guitar felt good too.
You made it through some challenging situations. Proud of you man.

Dee, getting back into the groove too. I think there is a population of the music folk who will always want to catch a buzz. The best we can do is look the other way and hope is doesn't catch us off guard. Good for you.

Thanks for the kind words Vet.
Thanks B. It's not something I look for but sometimes I have to face it.
After 7 years I think I'm prepared and ready - the bottom line is I don't want to lose what I have

I have a lot of sober friends, and muso friends, too, so it's all good

Originally Posted by zerothehero View Post
I think I'll get there. The thing is I'm still on the mountain - literally. My little rural enclave is awash with alcohol and other drugs. Churches and bars - I'm not inclined to spend much time in either, and there's not much in between.

I'm lonely mostly when I'm in a crowd. Truth is, I think I've always been that way, and it's part of why I joined the drinking/drugging crowd. Belonging.

I felt a sense of belonging up with the marmots and the big horn sheep, though. That's my church. And what they have to say makes a lot more sense to me than the bull I hear in bars and churches (no offense to those with faith; I just don't get it).
I really got comfortable with myself up on my mountain. I learned to enjoy my own company. It really changed my ideas on loneliness and belonging.

Be interesting to see if you find the same Zero?

D