View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ptcapote

Lionhearted, sounds like you're miserable, plain and simple, right? You may be able to buffet your misery in more comfortable surroundings but, nevertheless, the core of you is miserable.

You can continue to say, "I can drink as much as I want with few or no real repercussions because I am rich." And maybe that's true. Was for my father. He still died in abject loneliness and physical agony.

At the end of the day, it's all a choice, of course. But hard drinkers, light drinkers, hardcore addicts, dabblers, whatever. We've got to be pretty miserable with the way sh!t is going down on the inside to start posting here, right?

If you stop drinking or using, eventually life gets a lot better. Obviously or else so many of us wouldn't be posting here telling our stories that it DOES get better. So it works, the numbers speak for themselves.

So the choice is never about money. It's about how long and how bad you want to continue the misery. Because I promise you, no amount of money will ever make it fun again. Can't buy that, although so many of us have tried.

And that misery WILL drive you to totally disregard your life. I would bet a large percentage of us have been there too.

In the end, it's a choice whether you want to be miserable or not. That is all that really matters. All the other stuff is circumstantial.