View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
TheRestorative
New beginnings are the best!

I try to compartmentalize. I try to make lists, too. Sort out the big things from the little things. Create some kind of schedule or method, if you are able. We know we struggle with drinking, but we cannot include that in our "moving forward" agenda. It's hard not to include it, but we know we're better off without it. Think of your children and what you can do TODAY to be there for them the best you can. I know for myself, it's not easy setting my future-oriented mind aside to focus on the here and now, but we need to try. Our children deserve that much, as well. The mountain appears to be too large. We all feel that way, at some point. But it's the next step up that's important today, not agonizing how we're ever going to make it to the top.

Much love to you and your family. You can do it. Don't let the pressure of accomplishing over burden you. It's too easy, I know. Say to yourself, "I am in this moment, and in this moment, I choose _______", and let it be so. It's a moment-by-moment journey, this one.

<3