View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
northof49

Wow! This class is on fire! So many posts and newcomers....too many for this old guy to comment on lol...but, we are all in this together, and together we can get through this!! A few pages back I wanted to comment on a post and I finally have the time....

Originally Posted by Raggletaggle View Post
I hope it helps but I have to be honest...the novelty is wearing off...I feel on the brink of sabotaging everything because the truth is I kinda do feel its too late. And it's my own fault.
RagTag, your simple statement should be an inspiration to everyone! Early stages are tough, then a few weeks go by and the "novelty" of being sober wears off. The AV tries to convince you "see, I told you so, you don't have a problem, look how easy it was to get under control!" Then we start to believe it, then we test it, and find out he was lying to us yet again! We wonder why we can't be normal, why can't we drink like "normal" people? A few months ago, my Missus asked me why I want to be a normal drinker? She flat out told me that it wasn't normal for anyone to drink! Why do we need alcohol to have a good time, to not be shy, to be the life of the party, know what, she is right! Why can't people just accept each other for who they are?

So classmates, read RagTag's statement, really read it, let it sink in, ponder it....then ask yourself , is being sober a novelty, or a way of life?

I don't know much about you RagTag, how old you are, your circumstances, but for me, that simple statement brought tears to my eyes! And I can't thank you enough!

So teammates, we have a challenge ahead of us, who is willing to be sober one day at a time? If you forget the destination, the journey doesn't really matter..