Old 08-28-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Brindie

Amy, thank you, but here is where the procedural differences come in I guess. I've been advised by my lawyer that there will be questioning and cross-examination by both party's lawyers. And that it is difficult to estimate how long this may take. She recently pursued a case - with no children involved - where evidence was taken over two days. This is the ordeal I'm preparing for! He did submit one document to date - in 4 months! It was a statement of an investment portfolio. I hold the account on another investment, so have that. Other than that, he has said he transferred 'his' boat and a vehicle to his daughter's name in March 2013 (8 months before I left, and he had no reason to believe a separation was imminent - this is a blatant attempt to leave this out of the equation). We also had a motor home which he 'disposed of' - not worth a dime but not the point, and it turns out he put his pension fund off limits 10 days after we married by a technicality. No bank statements yet, nothing. If I had time on my side, I'd kick him to the kerb, but I'm 60 next year and if I cave, I'll be working till who knows when ..... Plus I pretty much supported him for our first 5 years together when he was separated and maintaining his now ex-wife, 2 children and large family home. This so sucks .....