View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
opalblue

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Good morning friends! I love how active this board is!
Dingodog, stay strong, you sound committed. When that AV hits, read here on sr or recovery books, eat something, and just keep putting it off until it loses strength. Those are some things that work for me. I also play the tape forward and think of how I will feel the next morning. Even if I only have a few drinks (which is rare), the physical effects may be minimal, but I feel like my spirit is crushed and I'm back in the cycle again.
Knob2, I often feel as if someone is looking out for me. Whether it's true or not, it is so comfortingl. Whether it's God or a higher power or a loved one we have lost, it makes me feel safe and makes me want to do the right thing, which always means no alcohol.
Day 8 for me and I'm getting more used to alcohol free evenings again. I can feel the pressure build on myself to have the house perfect, all tasks completed, stick to a diet, exercise. I have to be careful with that because the stress I put on myself can lead to me just throwing my hands up in the air and drinking

Let's all stay sober today and take it one day at a time.
forabetterlife: We share the same quit day. ChristinaN also. Definitely don't stress yourself to be perfect. I am learning to chill about everything. remember the serenity prayer...let go of things you cannot control.

What diet and exercise are you on?