View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
opalblue

Hi striket,Badsneakers, ruby

Applekat- Double digits for you tomorrow!! Stay away from the first drink absolutely. I caanot have just one or two. I have the whole bottle and then some. I then crave it the next day, then the next. It takes serious serious effort to stop. Infact I am pleased if I find an excus to drink the entire week pr month away. Ugh

thAlchy- So true. The alternative is far worse than feeling grumpy for a while. I much prefere dealing with my emotions sober than freaking out even more and getting drunk.

Lulu- Good for you Lulu

Dingodog- I will be thinking of you the entire weekend. I am rooting on you to be strong. You can do this because you sound like you have a plan. From now we don’t waste anymore time.

Calichris- My AV shouts at me when I am hungry too.

Ph7, ice tea and Buggirl- Amazing accomplishment so far! How inspiring! I wanna be like you guys!

Sthlondon: Its always good to share stories like that because it reminds you of who you DON’T want to be. No more horrible stories like that. We got this. My emotions are currently all over the place. One minute I will feel estatic, the next really low. But this is not going to deter me from my sobriety

Choobie. Thanks for the link. I will read it after I have posted. Addiction can be combated. I believe that. I use to be a heavy smoker ten years ago and I don’t think about it at all. I have no desire to be a smoker again. I hope to crack this with my addiction to alcohol. Yes I agree that one has to find other ways to relieve stress and other emotions we view as negative. Running is definitely working for me right now…and deap breaths too.

77Ginger- Never heard of watermelon with vodka but I would have tried anything. Even if it tasted awful. You sound very strong and I have faith that you will remain sober this weekend

Mvgnon- yoga ia another exercise/meditation that I would like to get into. It’s a perfect destresser

Herradura- I was the laziest woman on earth when I drank.The bare minimum gets done. I snap at my son, at my cat, the whole day takes tremendous effort to get through. I only lived for the evenings when I knew I could open my bottle of wine. Exercise was opening the bottle. That was it.
You may hate exercising but at least sobriety gives you the energy to at least think about it. Stay strong this weekend