Old 08-27-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
amy55

Hi Brindie,

I had one of those divorces. You are not going to have a "face me down" moment in court. I might have but that is only because I knew what was going to happen going into things. I knew he would be stubborn and evasive. I had prepared my divorce with the grounds of extreme mental cruelty leaving it opened to a possible "marital tort".

My ex refused to submit discovery. We went to meditation, he refused to participate even though he was there.

In my case, we were ordered to mediation. Nothing got settled, and he did not submit documents. Court was scheduled. He still did not submit "discovery". The judge ordered him to pay my attorney $1750 for the day.

Next court date, he still didn't submit "discovery" I just wanted the divorce. He came up with a generous offer of alimony. I took it, we were divorced that day.

The only reason I took it was because I knew he wasn't hiding assets. I accounted for every penny he had spent.

He was just being a stubborn ass.

There are ways to discovering hidden assets. He is supposed to submit prior tax returns, bank statement, credit card bills, proof of earnings, etc... You can review all of these and see if you see any money missing. Also if you think he has an account at a certain bank, or other financial institution, you can have those records subpoenaed.

I just don't understand, if the house was sold, how can he still be leaving there. Purchases of another home are all public records and are published in the newspaper.

Home furnishings, make a list of each piece of furniture that was in each room. Make him explain where it went.

Pls note: Judges do not take kindly to people who are trying to hide assets. You may make out really well in this.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))