View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
opalblue

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
BBF congrats!! I'm so rooting for you, this makes me happy!!!!

What are your Labor Day plans?

A year ago this weekend I went to a big family/friend ring of fire gathering. I ate almost nothing all day focusing on getting ready and getting kids dressed etc. Prepared kiddos dinner plates at the party and skipped my own but somehow managed to keep filling up my plastic wine cup. There was so much wine, bottles, boxes, red and white. No one would notice my re-fills there, while at other parties you have to be careful how much you pour bc there are limited, and normal size, bottles (know what I mean?!). Well I got through the party ok but was acting a little spacey I'm sure. Could def tell I was oddly buzzed. I think I asked FIL where my backpack diaper bag was when we were getting ready to leave and it was on my back.....Hubby started our drive home and within 10 minutes I fell asleep and 5 minutes after I woke up to puke in the car and he pulled over so I could finish. Kiddos were in backseat asleep (pretty sure). I hadn't had some insane amount of wine where I would blackout or have alcohol poisoning but whenever I combine wine and a car ride, I am screwed bc I get car sick often anyway. Regardless it was so embarrassing and just another instance of me "having a bit too much". Understatement.

I do NOT want to repeat that this year. I may skip the gathering. If not, I know I CANNOT TAKE THAT FIRST DRINK.
On gosh I have done that so many times. My last embarrassment : got drunk the night before. Went to a friends lunch time barbeque the next day completely hung over.
Drank a huge amount of wine in the space of an hour. Found a bedroom and fell asleep/blacked out the entire afternoon . Very ashamed