View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Grateful11

Congrats on 1 week forabetterlife and KNB!
Congrats on 2 weeks BBF!
Fantastic!

Grateful to be sober today. Beautiful day here...going to go for a long bike ride, eat some yummy food, drink some refreshing NA drink that will actually hydrate my body instead of drinking poison that dehydrates, screws with digestive system, screws with you metabolism, alters your brain so you don't talk or act as YOU normally would and makes you do things that bring guilt, shame, regret, depression.

Take that AV. I don't want to do that to myself anymore. I am worth all the good things in life waiting for me as advbike and Venecia from class of Aug '13 described after a year of sobriety.

More than 2 weeks in my cravings are gone. So wonderful but my guard is still up. Do have occasional future drinking thoughts but I recognize it as the AV tricking me so I switch it to daydreams of being sober: healthy, traveling more, laughing with my kids, skinnier, glowing, successful and happy at my job, living in a nice home, etc. then I read, crochet, watch a movie, listen to music, ...whatever helps to change my thoughts.

Keep it simple #TeamAugust. Don't drink today.

Last edited by Grateful11; 08-27-2014 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Add