View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoberandGlad

Dealing with Drinkers.

I drank a few months ago after having been clean for 10 years. One thing that influenced me to drink was others who drank. This occurred with family members who were over for Thanksgiving who had some wine and on other occasions, as well, having some beer. Also, I worked at a place of business where there were drinkers who talked about drinking and even invited me to drink with them. Fortunately I did not go out drinking with them. I instead just had some wine with my meals. I do not consider this to be problem drinking, but could lead to problem drinking, so I have stopped the drinking. What I am wondering is that in staying free from alcohol, what is the best way to deal with drinkers and others who support drinking especially friends, family members, and other people out in the world? Do I tell them they should not drink? Do I just ignore them or stay away from them? Do I just keep things to myself about it? Our culture looks at drinking as an acceptable thing to do; is this right, or is it really problematic?