View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sarah13

Lightbulb Please Seek Help And Wait.............

Look- we are about the same age.....Except I married mine when you met yours...I am now WISHING I had called it off.........
I was ONE month from the big planned wedding when I got a lot of warning signs that I ignored.......The drugs you have found and the secrets you have exposed are to be used for your benefit.......This website you JUST found- Please, realize these are SIGNS to help you SEE what you need to SEE........
Know anyone married to a former addict or alcoholic.............it sucks for a long time and may or may not EVER be over...
I was afraid to call my wedding off- I was too embarrassed- and I WANTED THE BEAUTIFUL WEDDING.............now,as I look back, I shake my head and think what a fool I was.......ALL the signs were there and I ignored them- NOW, this is my life- this is my story- I married someone with serious drug/drinking problems and my energies are now all spent trying to "Make the best of it" -"find happiness elsewhere"-do all I can to prevent my young kids from turning out like him- being raised by an addict-isnt fair to them-
Of course we have never met, I dont know you or the whole deal- but when I read this.....my computer froze up and I was like- whatever- I will sign back on and give this girl some thoughts to chew on-no way would I just sit back and watch you feel this alone-
It is your call- but seriously, I would put that wedding, beautiful as it may be, ON HOLD.................wait a year- see if things are the same or better- its been 7 yrs whats one more.........maybe God is trying to tell you something-
I had already mailed the invites.........As I walked down the aisle, I knew I shouldnt do it.........my heart knew it wasnt what I dreamed it would be-
But I didnt have the courage to wait and see- I jumped in anyway- and I will spend the rest of my life trying to let go of how much it hurts to live with this type of regret.........I mean, he is sicker now not better-
And if that is not enough- I have 2 friends- close friends- good people- married to guys who "promised" to stop once they got married-it lasted a while but now they are starting to see their spouses got back on drugs and hid it- the discoveries for them are just now unfolding-luckily, one of them doesnt have kids yet-
I heard thru the grapevine that a guy we all partied with in our early 20s just went to bed one night last week, he died in his sleep -(he O.D.'ed on oxycotin which I know nothing about but it is a pill drug)- he was 31...........6 months ago, Another cute guy from school who was a CPA now, nice house, wife 2 kids-age 29-busted for selling/buying extasy-got whisped away to jail for a few years..............
Drugs like cocaine and extasy are no joke- please see a counselor and tell ALL-BEFORE you agree for BETTER or WORSE................
By the way, I never really got into drugs much, but I partied and alot of people I knew did drugs-alot of the girls straightened up to have babies, alot of the guys have gotten WORSE.