View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
obosob

Morning Fools,
Monday 8.34 am.

I'd post a drawing, but I can barely manage stick figures...

ST: Great story on a being the sober knight! You must be on the right path as they say...

It's hot again, 33 degrees in the shade, 50 out in it I reckon.
Great detox living in Asia....!!!!
I think that's why everyone drinks so much.

When I was in Melbourne I went to visit an old friend. I've known him for ten years, Bullarto Pete, a local legend really. When I first met him he was doing ok, living in an old family home, really intelligent, quite healthy, but he loved a drink.
Red wine.
Ten years later (I'm cutting this short) I went around to see him.
He was a wreck.
In bed all day, living in the shed out the back of his former family home.
Lost everything and still couldn't figure out why...!
Unbelievable but true.
2 days before I left to comeback I went around and he barely with it....

This has been playing on my mind a lot, so I'm using this thread again as therapy.....

Anyway, he was really sick, mentally and physically.
I tried speaking with him for a while. The guy he lives with was worried but Pete refused to get any help.
In Australia if you refuse medical help, or in this case, to get in ambulance, the paramedics wont make you.....
So in the end I called them anyway, whilst he was abusing me and carrying on.
These two were so pissed they didn't really know what was going on.
One drinks white the other red, living in the sheds out the back of a once really nice property.
Waking up drinking sort of thing.
They came, an ambulance with two paramedics.
After an hour he went with them. They had done their tests, he had a fever, low heart rate, high something else........ He was nearly dead.
He was admitted to hospital and spent over a week in intensive care, the heaviest ward we have.
He is mentally and physically wrecked, maybe a comeback, but from way behind now and never back to who he was.

He was literally drinking himself to death and wanted to do it.
In a sense I saved his life, the doctors said he would probably have died that night.

Alcohol........

I've never seen it that bad but I know it, and what was I doing there anyway....?

There are so many things I need to let go of.
Forgiveness is the key, we are all human after all.

My AV has been up and about, using the old tricks.
I just need to remind myself that for people like me alcohol can actually kill you if you let it and feed that wolf long enough.

What a great relief there are the Fools to come and share your problems with.....

stay tuned.......