View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 11:57 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
freein14

Hi all,
I had a fleeting gremlin moment yesterday. Met up with some cousins on the beach. We had a great day, but towards the end someone offered round some cider. I'm not a fan of cider, but it did awaken the wine gremlin in me. Strangely, I wasn't perturbed with the fact that it was offered round, It was when someone singled me out and said "there's no point asking you because you don't drink anymore" which seemed to awaken the sleeping alcoholic. I think it was probably an ego thing. However, that fleeting thought could easily have led to a stop off to the shop on the way home. If I had, I would be cursing myself this morning, instead I can see its a beautiful day and I've won another battle. I just thought it was interesting that when someone dictated what I could and couldn't do, the gremlin started to rebel strongly. It's something to be aware of.

I need to make an appointment to take our little foster cat to the vets today, he's still over-grooming and losing a lot of hair. I think it might be anxiety, not sure if anything can be done about it. I've bought a Feliway diffuser which is meant to help, but hasn't seemed to make much difference, although it's only been a couple of days.

Yep, the Fools Bargain has begun again. So stay focused and enjoy a healthy, happy weekend!