Old 08-22-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thatdeliveryguy

I sought help and today I got the most miraculous gift

I signed up for this sight as " thatdeliveryguy" why, because delivering furniture has be such a awesome and rewarding experience for me. I know, its the the end all be all, honestly the pay sucks and I have no insurance. I have degree's I don't use ( addiction issues in things I not interested in now), but love delivering furniture more. Today, miracle of all miracles. My job loved me so much they approved a leave of absents and want to to take " as much time as I need to get better" and TDG when you are ready come back our customers miss you, we miss you get better and come back.

Don't get me wrong, I might not be able to go back to the job I love so dearly. I still need medical clearance on my end, a doctor saying the meds I am taking are safe to drive with, and the mental conditions I have are stabilized because of the meds and I am safe to drive. I also need my jobs insurance company and big boss to approve everything.

Given what I know I have 50 percent chance of having another chance at something that I hold dear to my heart.

What I want everyone to know is, I had to get honest, realize I have serious mental issues, ask for guidance, and sincerely work at being sober to get here. Things might not work out for me, I am being med compliant, did some test today, and have appointments all next week for various issues, but I can say removing alcohol from my life got me this far, being honest go me this far.

I wanted to share my happy news with you all, proffer a little advice ( things I am safe with and only know to be true this early in recovery) I wish you all the best of luck, and I hope if you are facing demons, I still am you be honest, be direct, want recovery, seek that recovery whole heatedly and no matter what know that the bottle, the pill, the what ever you are addicted to will NEVER make things better.

For tonight friends, again thank you all, you are the best community a delivery guy could ever ask for, I have an outside chance ( because I am seeking help and taking advice) of maybe, just maybe regaining something that is near and dear to me. I hope the same for all of you, good day, stay safe and sober friends.