Notices

I sought help and today I got the most miraculous gift

Old 08-22-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I sought help and today I got the most miraculous gift

I signed up for this sight as " thatdeliveryguy" why, because delivering furniture has be such a awesome and rewarding experience for me. I know, its the the end all be all, honestly the pay sucks and I have no insurance. I have degree's I don't use ( addiction issues in things I not interested in now), but love delivering furniture more. Today, miracle of all miracles. My job loved me so much they approved a leave of absents and want to to take " as much time as I need to get better" and TDG when you are ready come back our customers miss you, we miss you get better and come back.

Don't get me wrong, I might not be able to go back to the job I love so dearly. I still need medical clearance on my end, a doctor saying the meds I am taking are safe to drive with, and the mental conditions I have are stabilized because of the meds and I am safe to drive. I also need my jobs insurance company and big boss to approve everything.

Given what I know I have 50 percent chance of having another chance at something that I hold dear to my heart.

What I want everyone to know is, I had to get honest, realize I have serious mental issues, ask for guidance, and sincerely work at being sober to get here. Things might not work out for me, I am being med compliant, did some test today, and have appointments all next week for various issues, but I can say removing alcohol from my life got me this far, being honest go me this far.

I wanted to share my happy news with you all, proffer a little advice ( things I am safe with and only know to be true this early in recovery) I wish you all the best of luck, and I hope if you are facing demons, I still am you be honest, be direct, want recovery, seek that recovery whole heatedly and no matter what know that the bottle, the pill, the what ever you are addicted to will NEVER make things better.

For tonight friends, again thank you all, you are the best community a delivery guy could ever ask for, I have an outside chance ( because I am seeking help and taking advice) of maybe, just maybe regaining something that is near and dear to me. I hope the same for all of you, good day, stay safe and sober friends.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is such wonderful news!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
p***enger

Beautiful news, TDG -- keep us posted on how things are going! You're very brave and your posts show a lot of heart. That helps us all.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm so happy for you! I know we all have to play it by ear when it comes to whether or not to inform our employers about what's going on. Not everyone feels it is advisable to do so, and I understand that. But, when it comes right down to your very life, I think you have a decision to make. I'm glad you made yours.

I did the same thing when I decided I couldn't live another day the way I was. I knew it might mean I'd lose my job...a job I'd had for almost 17 years at that time. Still, I knew I had to do whatever was necessary or I was going to drink myself to death in one way or another.

I'm happy to say I was able to return to that job and in November I will have been there 24 years. They worked with me and were willing to allow me the time to do what needed to be done. I am grateful for that, as I am sure you are grateful to your employers.

Okay then...you have the go ahead, so...go ahead! Take care of yourself! (((HUGS)))
Old 08-22-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Very happy to hear this TDG, best of luck in the next chapter of your life.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

That sounds great TDG! I wish you all the best.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Thatdeliveryguy, FANTASTIC, rootin for ya.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
pray for strength

A.w.e.s.o.m.e! Seriously TDG. I'm seriously impressed. It's not an easy thing to shift gears and go in a needed direction that scares us. Fingers crossed for you.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great news tdg. Best wishes to you
Old 08-22-2014, 10:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

TDG, this is great news. Thanks for your post, I'd say your honesty and what you're doing with your life is pretty heroic! Your post was inspiring and makes me happy for you, myself and for all of us here in and on our own particular paths of sobriety.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That's terrific, TDG! I hope you're able to resume your old job if that's your aim. It took courage and heart to get this far, I know you can make it.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great stuff TDG!!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well done TDG. Best wishes from Jude1963. I have changed my username to "Keeping it in the day"
Old 08-23-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great news TDG, happy for you. :-)
Old 08-23-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I love good news like this. Your post makes my heart sing. Wishing you all the best, delivery guy!!!
Old 08-23-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you, TDG. This is wonderful news. You are an inspiration! Please keep us posted!
Old 08-23-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Your post really touched me. Thank you
Old 08-23-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you for this!!!