View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mistory5

trying to raise 14 yo w/o drinking

Hi all. Can anyone with teens help me not pick up a drink?

Ok I allowed my 14yo son to go to a rap concert with his friend last night. My condition was that he could only go if his friends mom was going who I know . I was very nervous about him going to his first concert. Worried about ecposure to drugs and alcohol. I had a honest talk with him about this and prayed with him before he left. He was fine when he got home no signs of dipping and dapping. I don't think he has tried getting high I'm very in tune to his coming and goings and know his friends who spend a lot of time at my house since they were 6yo. Anyway tonight he asks me can he go to a party. I start asking him questions the who what and why. The answers didn't set right with me. The person having the party he dosnt know, he never hangs out in the nearby town where the party was hoing to be, it was at somebody's house. His connection is the kid he went to the concert with last nights so called friend. I asked him how he planned on getting there he says the mom that took him to concert last night. I said he couldn't go he looked very disapointed. So I said I needed to talk to his friends mom about the party I figured maybe she could fill me in on what was going on with the party. He got pissed and said u don't have to call her I m not going! Anyway my problem he's moping and I'm feeling guilty and anxious and can't get the thought of having a drink over. Am i m being over sensitive about parties concerts and other kids due to my past. I started around that age. And why can't I be ok with my decision not to let him go to the point I'm compteplating a drink. What would I do if some real crap hits the fan! How will I not pick up? Thx for any help.