Thread: Feeling lost
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
smc92va

Thank you findthelight and TwoFish. It is comforting to hear your stories. You are soooo right about a break up with an addict being nothing like a normal break up. And I too have longed for my memory to be erased, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind style. I wish he had never contacted me in the first place. That seems like the craziest part of it all. HE reached out to me- with what seemed to be quite a bit of sincerity. They always seem to find us wounded souls, us broken hearted people.

I have made an appointment with a therapist for next week- to finally deal with my brother's death, issues and depression related to chronic pain, codepency and this most recent heartache. I have also continued to attend my Nar-Anon meeting. I sometimes get so angry that the disease of addiction exist. It's steals people's souls. Both the addict and all those around them. I know I have to let that anger go but it is so hard. It has destroyed my family, and my own heart and soul.

SR has been such a blessing. I'm so glad I found it. It's both comforting and somewhat bittersweet and sad to know I'm not alone.