View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Welcome to SR, Aurora. I'm glad you're reaching out for support. From this side of the computer monitor, it kind of sounds like he's using you and playing on your heartstrings and relative inexperience.

Originally Posted by auroraxborealis View Post
Slept with a girl that was supplying him money and drugs. He said he felt obligated.
I'm not trying to be mean, but it sounds like you were supplying him with money, too, even after he broke up with you:

Originally Posted by auroraxborealis View Post
He said I broke him when he asked for money and I sent him enough for a gallon of gas. Not the 20-30 I would normally send. Enough for 1 gallon of gas because he said they ran out (he was with the other two users. Oh yeah, this was after he broke up with me). Said he was crying all night because I don't trust him.
You don't trust him because he cheats, uses, lies; which seem like good reasons to not trust him. IF, and I stress IF here, he was upset that you don't trust him, it's probably got a lot to do with the fact that he feels like he's losing one of the people that he uses for money, possible places to crash, sex... possibly a self-deluded veneer of respectability (?) (i.e. "If a girl like Aurora likes me, I can't be so bad, right?")

It's possible that he does/did love you, is so much as he's capable of doing so. But that doesn't mean that you have to settle for the crumbs he's capable of giving out.

Throw out all of the addictions, jail time, drugs: He cheated on you.

And not even with some one who mattered to him. I'm not saying it would be 'better' if he'd cheated with some one he professed to love, but the fact that he says he slept with her because he felt obligated to, really doesn't show any strength of character. And it certainly doesn't say much for the strength of his feelings or sense of commitment to you.

Why would you wait for a call from some one like that? (Just a question to ponder, I'm not asking for an answer.)

You are worth so much more than that!