View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rs1994

New and looking for some advice

Heyy everyone. This is the first time i have ever been on one of these forum things. I really just wanted some advice, i just don't know what to do.

My dad was an alcoholic for the past 15 years, but he stopped last september and hadnt touched a drink since. I was so proud of him, and for once i actually loved being with my family.

Last week, I had come home from college to visit and found my dad drinking again and he was acting exactly like he used to before he stopped. My baby brother stays with him on weekends, and in his drunken state, my dad fed him expired food, giving him food poisoning. Later he was trying to cook while drunk and ended up spilling boiling water all over himself, and was just inches away from my brother. He gave himself severe burns and again, put my brother in danger.

He already lost his job because of the drinking and had to start from the bottom again. His health is in terrible condition. And i honestly had such hopes that things would be turning around. I don't know what to do now. He doesn't listen to me and I am scared to death of what will happen to my brother if this continues.