View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Florence

If you expect that, then you don't get so surprised and anxious when it happens -- you can go "oh here we go again, the old a-hole dance" -- rather than (like I do) not sleep for weeks and barely function during the days.
I agree with this. I also realized I can't make him respect me or tell me the truth. Sometimes I think, "Oh, he's lying again," and just get on with it. I don't bother trying to trick him into telling the truth or being decent to me and the kids. I just say OK and keep my eye on the ball, which is whatever goal I need to talk to him about.

In this case is was you can either treat me like a human being and do the right thing, or I have other recourse I can follow. I can take you to court for contempt, and I will. Divorce decree states everything there is to know. There is also a clause in the divorce decree if either of us default on any part of the agreement that person will be required to pay the court fees and all attorney fees involved.
A very empowering thing for me was insisting with both of my kids' dads on mediation and guardian ad litems. I knew they could say whatever the hell they wanted to anyone standing around, but when asked to present the evidence to am impartial audience they had no sway, none at all.

Are you entitled to this money? Have confidence that when you show your entitlement to the money your evidence can stand on its own. Fight for it! He can rage all he wants, but if it's yours it's yours.