View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thatdeliveryguy

Went and got help this morning

Now appointments for the rest of the week, they wanted me to be in inpatient at the mental hospital, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. So now a bunch of appointments for the week ( outpatient) and then I have to check myself into detox/rehab for the weekend.

Its kind of lousy, but the local hospital only has limited medication appointments ( which is why they wanted me to be an in patient), so I guess the caseworker is going to put me down as an "emergency urgent" and said no matter what they will get me in before Friday.

I am happy I did this, and I am looking forward to getting out of the house and going to all these meetings for orientation for various resources.

Still contemplating inpatient the lady there was very forcible is saying, " if I could prove you were even the minutest threat to yourself I would have you committed, but I can't so I am going to let you do out patient, but really really really think about inpatient you are so far into the gray area, many would hold you anyways" SO I am going to heed her warning, but really am worried about that.

One of the classes they are putting me in is Cognitive Behavioral training for alcoholism, and I gotta get this appointment set today for rehab. The rehab center is only $35 and they waive it up front and bill later.

What I did learn today is that alcohol can cause psychosis is some people, so she said they have to eliminate that as a possibility first and that takes time. So I am adding that to my reasons why I will never drink again, alcohol can cause psychosis!

Stay safe and sober friends, I am so glad this community support me through all this, thanks every you guys/girls are awesome