View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Redmayne
Redmayne

Yes...

The simple answer to your questions is, yes. I wondered, setting aside the pain and suffering both I and many others endured as the result in my case of my inherent alcoholism in my 'drinking days.' Now long since passed, over 6 years and all being well, never to return.

If, more through the selfish, irresponsible actions and behaviour of others, although I accept that both I and my alcoholism must have played a contributory part, simply by being there and being subject of the events caused by them.

Had, perhaps encountered anything similar, although I wouldn't wish it on anyone...

As for wondering where I fit in, enhanced by my spiritual beliefs together with Buddhist philosophy/psychology, same thing really ...I find Richard Bach's books, 'Illusions The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah' and the later 'spin off' or 'lost' book from that,'Messiah's Handbook - Reminders for the Advanced Soul', which is more a book of useful sayings and aphorisms, most useful and, for people ;like me, highly commendable...