View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Elseware

Sheknits, Your experience with your patient just reminded me of where I was I was last August about this time: Acute detox. (Shudder) What a painful experience that was. I am in such a different place now. I know I have not been clean for the whole year. I lost a couple of weeks in June. I have felt abashed by that but I'm giving myself credit for how far I have come. I'm hardly even the same person I was a year ago. I have been considerably changed by the experience of this year. I rarely feel any cravings any more and if I do they are fleeting. I can't say I'm the happiest person in the world but I'm calm and not having a lot of emotional ups and downs. That really is enough for now. But it's.....dare I say, dull? And I'm restless. I'm searching all around for something to be passionate about. Nothing seems to be presenting itself. So I keep trying this and that. I'm thinking of making a quilt. But all I've done is wander the fabric stores so far.

Venecia, thank you for the picture of the lovely Oregon beach. I've ridden horseback out there and it was breathtaking, it was so fun and very romantic. Now that's something I'd like to do again!