View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Venecia

Originally Posted by kadidee View Post
Congratulations, Sheknits! I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling flat. I have heard that the not caring or feeling so much could be a side effect of ssri's. The way it was described to me is that the depression or anxiety lessens and becomes manageable, but the flip side could be that a numbness prevails. I hope that sorts itself out. I think it's interesting that you and Else are feeling the same side effects as regards to knitting.

I am at my parents' house and tomorrow we will fly to North Carolina to stay for a few days. Both of my sisters are coming too and I'm really excited. When I get back, the semester will be getting underway. Can't believe the summer has gone by so fast...I've thoroughly enjoyed it!

We will be in the mountains in NC, so I'm not sure about Internet access. If you don't hear from me, I'll check back in on Tuesday!

And, right now I'm staying in the guest house at my parents' house and there is beer and wine in the fridge and JD and more wine in the cabinet. Just realizing that this is the first time that I've been alone with alcohol since I quit drinking. I have to say that it feels empowering to not want it and to trust myself enough at this point not to feel the need to remove it all to another location. Am enjoying some mint tea and looking forward to a hangover-free long weekend.
I'm so proud of you, Kadidee.

At this moment, I am having a caffeine-free cup of Earl Grey and am lifting a toast to you.

North Carolina sounds like so much fun! Will you be in the mountains? The coast?