View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
UnixBer

triple

Ok sorry for hi-jacking your thread but this is an interesting subject that may require more in-depth pondering...

I recall in my bad years in active alcoholism I had problems namely with a narcissist person. The way that person could turn everything around to be the complete opposite of reality was something that confused me back then. For example, this person was spreading rumors of all kinds about me and tried to get a restraining order for me. When in reality I'm the one who should've gotten that order for the other person. I was the one bothered, when I just wanted be in peace and in privacy.

Not only that, I've been threatened with prison, death and all kinds of mean things by this person. I think I may now realize I still carry some of the past resentments towards this person even upto this day. Only now I'm starting to remember what took place, and honestly I feel quite vengeful, not angry, but in the way that it is their turn.

Other than that, being sober now for over a year... I can clearly say that when it comes to narcissist people and that, they have no more the edge over me because I'm much more acutely aware of people lying or trying something etc. This is thanks to sobriety.

There was once a great thread about releasing resentments here on SR, I wonder if it could be looked up. I know that in the end there is no-one to blame, but the unjustice that I experienced left a mark and this person may hear from me again. A little off-topic maybe...

It never came quite clear to me why those people decide to be so evil. It may be fear or jealousy, but whatever it is, nobody has the right to do that. I also know that many people would consider contacting the authorities, but as there is little proof and the narcissist person is often an excellent liar, I'd need to take things into my own hands. They say that revenge isn't worth and I mostly believe that. I am still shocked and appalled by the injustice and how the person could ever allow themselves to go into that.