View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Cold9987

Originally Posted by incitingsilence View Post
Did you adopt his child or are you her legal guardian in some way. If not what he did is abandonment and I believe it would be in your best interests to make sure you protect yourself there from any issues.

There will be no way to explain why, and well he did tell you, didn't he? He doesn't want to hear it anymore and is moving on to live as he wishes to. As LMN wrote he just may be sparing you years of heartache and pain. ( nice to see you around LMN, hope you are doing good)

Do you really want him to come back?
Do you really need anything else from him than what he has showed you?

He really isn’t keeping you from healing and moving forward. You are allowing that. He though has showed you exactly who he is. Can you accept the truth in front of you? It will go a long way.

Please take time to take good care of you and of your stepdaughter. She will need a lot of help and that right now is a much better focus than what he is doing.
I am just her step mom, nothing that legally makes me her guardian besides being married to her father. He has primary custody and her bio mom does not attempt to see her but once every six months or so. I'm really all she has. That is another thing that makes this all so hard because she is so scared she will have to leave me if daddy doesn't come home. I don't even have answers for myself and I sure don't have answers for her. Him leaving her and all his stuff is what makes it difficult for me to believe that he's really not coming back plus I don't want to just yet for stupid reasons I guess.