View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Adnamaeel

Good morning!
I was awakened by a 6:00 am text this morning, which usually means really bad news, but after jumping up, stepping on my dog and scrambling for my glasses, it turned out my mom was just feeling chatty from 3 time zones away. Nothing like a little panic to get the day started...
Up, you're at 121 now, Freein at 113, Lucrezia 12, Rocks 48, Soliloquy 36, Chick 11, Topspin and Obosob, I don't know how many days, but it's been months for you guys. I'm not counting my days anymore, but my last pill was on April 1, and I last smoked herb sometime later that month, I wish I'd paid more attention to the date, but for some reason putting it down didn't seem momentous enough at the time for me to take notice of the date.
I am so incredibly proud of each and every one of us! Being on this journey with all of you has been wonderful.
Soliloquy, I hope registration goes well today, and that you and your daughter can see her new classroom, maybe that will generate some excitement about her new experience. In my experience kids that age are very open to making new friends, so I bet it won't take your little girl long to feel like a part of the class. Also, teachers are much more sensitive to issues of inclusion than they have ever been, I imagine this transition will be a lot harder on you than on her, if that's any consolation. Maybe you can arrange to meet with the teacher ahead of time to discuss your concerns? I really hope it all goes well for both of you.
Freein and Up, I'm right there with you both on this being a permanent new way of life. I feel like I was stuck in place for so long, and now I never want to stop feeling like I'm moving forward.
Freein, try to approach this holiday like a totally new experience, instead of a different version of what you've done before. Maybe even use a new word to describe it, like a vacation, adventure or respite, so you think of it as a different thing. I have used visualization before, and have found it to be very effective. I understand your concerns going into it, but I also have unlimited confidence in you.
I've been tired lately too Lucrezia. The more physically active I am, the more energetic though, so I know I can do something about it. Hopefully you can too.
Topspin, you don't seem like the procrastinator you claim to be...
Chick, I hope you've had a good couple days, and that all your critters have, too.
Rocks, I think it's great that you're getting right back into school. I've been starting to consider going back myself, but don't know if I can study what I want to study locally, though there is a big university here. I have one degree from it already, but quit a grad program there years ago. They might not want me back after that.
Obosob, I can't wait for the next installment...
Dee, I still have my fingers crossed that your housing situation stabilizes soon, and that something wonderful comes from this transition.
Izzy, Applekat, Mariah, Present and Kelly, I hope you're all doing well and had a good weekend.
Panacea, Solitary, Kitten, Normi, Noolan, and all the rest of the Fools I've missed here, I hope you're still reading, and that you check in with us. You are all missed.