View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
jdooner

My uncle whom I was close to in my early teens has Agoraphobia. He is 65 years old now and only leaves the house at night. Its the same house he grew up in. He would play with me and when I outgrew him in my teens he reverted back to old habits. I know he has always taken the easier path, which is to not change and as such missed out living a life worth living.

I don't suffer from anxiety so I am not going to relate personally. However, I know that alcohol does not solve whatever you are facing, only a temporary reprieve. I also know that alcohol interferes with any SSRIs that may have been prescribed in the past. I know you are cheating yourself to go back to the drink and I would suggest maybe talking to your Psychiatrist and perhaps being open to the unknown, which is there may be a solution and perhaps that involves a regimented SSRI under the advice of your Dr.

Have you also thought about therapy to deal with this?

One last thing, I would try to hold off making any big life altering decisions for a while, like quitting the job. Things change in early sobriety...I would have changed careers, three times, had multiple affairs, gotten a divorce numerous times over the past year. Glad I did not on any of them.