View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Windancer

Greetings TDG
I too have struggled with crippling anxiety over the years, and self medicated making it much much worse. I have also lost jobs (jobs that I was GREAT at, but couldn't function due to a lack of self confidence and panic/anxiety).
I would hesitate in making a hasty decision! I think there are more option to try out there. Yes, perhaps it will take time, trial and error, but I think it would be well worth it (like sobriety).
For me, one on one therapy, self help books, EFT (tapping....worked WONDERS!!!)following the advice and supplemental regime of a natural doctor, and an almost CONSTANT self awareness of my thoughts that began the anxiety spiral have helped me. I am by no means cured....but I have some healthy tools to turn too. I am on medication as well but am tapering off due to their addictive nature and the trouble I have not abusing them. The anxiety, depression and sobriety are things I have to work at every single day.
I empathize with anyone struggling with addictions (and their loved ones!) and people also suffering from panic or anxiety. My most sincere and heartfelt prayers and positive thoughts are with you TDG