View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
zjw

I'm sorry, but the post above sounds like someone who was still drinking would do.

I'm just going to be honest and say, you need to go get help. Talk to your doctor honestly about this and your alcoholism.

That's a pretty $hitty thing to do to a kid. Sorry, but if nothing else, you need to sort your attitude out for their sake. That's horrible.

Even if you can't see it.
It would have been a crummy thing to do to a kdi but I didnt do it. All I did was put it to the side till i could collect myself and handle it for her. It took me a while But i took care of it for her with a smile too. But when I was initially asked yes I felt as if i tried to tackle that at the time I might snap So i chose not too so that I would not snap. I cant recall what was going at the time she initially asked maybe nothing or maybe I was stuck in my head I recall I was not in the best mind frame so I told her I dont know how to fix it sorry and put it to the side.

I'm pulled in many directions all day long. Between work and kids etc.. I get pretty frazzled to say the least. I gotta stop a lot of times and collect my thoughts and figure out how to go on to the next task. I have to accept that I cannot take on everything thats put in front of me. When i sobered up I realized I was not superman. Part of not being superman meant not to just agree to repair everyones technoligical messes anymore it was stressing me out so I had to learn to say no. Its not an arrogant grandiouse thing. It got out of hand I couldnt take it anymore and had to learn to say no sorry guys I cant do it anymore. I had to learn not to bite off more then i can chew If that makes sense.

Your wife (IMO) shouldn't have the last say in what job you take. The two of you could use some counseling together.
I've heard this before. And its a statement that haunts me to be honest. I realize her and I should probably try and work things out such as this but it gets so confusing when I try discussing it. She has some very valid arguements in her viewpoint at the same time I have some very real issues going on as well its really been tough to find a solution that we are both happy with WITHOUT fighting over it. IF these kinda dialogs start and it starts getting tense we tone it down shelf it and come back to it later. we've done this for years no solutions yet.

She loves having me working from home. I love it too. But some other jobs that come along might mean working out of the home they are generally tossed out because it would mean not working from home and being with the family.

For what its worth I feel better today then when i first posted this all up. But that being said this has been an ongoing issue for me so while i'm ok today tommorrow I might not be who knows.