Thread: Ugh.
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Originally Posted by Mrrryah1 View Post
So lost. Can't stop relapsing. Been on a bender and trying to get sober today. I can't even describe the anguish and pain I'm experiencing at this moment. Life looks really bleak. I don't think I will ever be able to stay sober. Today yes. Tomorrow maybe. But a week or month from now likely not. I wish I could just escape this life for good. Can't do this anymore.
Yes.... the self-talk needs to turn around.

I know how hard that is, in the midst of climbing out of a relapse and feeling hopeless. Yet, that's exactly when you have to redouble your efforts to focus on POSITIVE thinking.

Start by finding just ONE GOOD THING.... go from there.

You are here today working in the direction of sobriety, and you've learned something from this lastest relapse - though you may not even see it yet. Just stubbornly fixate on that basic thought if that's all you can find....

Look every morning, sometime through the day and every night before bed and try to find One More Good Thing.

Keep focusing on the good things... when the ugly ugh thoughts come visiting, give them a nod and then look back to the good. Don't attach to them.

You can move beyond this and find your life gettting better and better and better and better....

it all starts with One Good Thing, Right Now.