View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
SandyLovesFall

Thanks for the support Least. SoberHoopsFan that is awesome that your face healed. I hid my burned hands for weeks at work. My fingertips swelled like balloons and I could hardly type on my keyboard. I remember wearing flesh colored bandaids so they wouldn't show as much. Oh and the jokes of people that we were racing with when I fell in the fire (we were camping in the desert with our motorcycle/dirtbike club). I remember trying to laugh it off but I cried and cried alone. Going to the ER the next day I saw the sheriffs bringing in a convict and he was all beat up and needed treatment and I looked down at my hands and just lost it. I felt the lowest I ever have in my life. I stopped drinking for 3 weeks and then started again, less, but still too much. I don't ever want to feel like that again.

I just got back from dinner and hanging out with neighbors. Everyone was drinking beer. I sort of wanted to and then I noticed how silly sloppy people get. Only one person commented on me not drinking and he said, "oh you're trying that sober thing again." I said "yep until I get it right." That was it, no biggie. I had a great night tonight and when I get my hair done tomorrow, I won't feel green and sick with a hangover. Looking forward to that.