View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
SparkyMcSparky
Working-cl*** pseudo tough

Sorry to hear that EW, I love my kitties. I'm a crazy cat guy. Still occasionally cry about one that disappeared a few Easter's ago.

Michaels, Saskia, LS, what I find here is that we all share one thing in common: to get sober and stay that way. And we all have our own paths to get to this same destination.

And even though I seem to be a bit on the secular side lately, it is important for us to discuss these things respectfully. Why? Because one day, an atheistic addict is going to come into one of these threads, and the message of salvation will trigger something in their heart that makes them sober. Of someone who's faith has been challenged will come in here, and see that they can get sober without God.

From what I've seen of our undies thread, we are all sharing our journey with each other. Sometimes this journey involves faith, sometimes it does not. But the sharing and learning from each other makes us better people, and provides us the support to stay sober.

So please, when you feel a need to share, please share. What works for you may help someone else on this thread, or someone who just drops by.

And all things considered, discussing different viewpoints on spirituality and how we keep sober is nothing like the stepping on toes we all did while in the throes of alcohol.

Smacking women I'm not married to on the bottom = stepping on toes
Driving drunk = stepping on toes
Thinking the bedroom is the washroom = stepping on toes
Lying to my wife and my family = stepping on toes

Respectfully discussing spirituality and how I am staying sober with or without it = not stepping on toes

As a society we've lost the ability to have meaningful, intelligent discourse on many issues, just because people become over-sensitive to potentially offending someone. However, if we discuss things from a place of sharing and respect, why would anyone be offended?

I certainly know I wouldn't be.