Old 08-08-2014, 12:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Kubis, I could just let all this pass by as, to be perfectly honest, you don't sound very convinced. But something in your posts connected with me and I feel the need to write.

And this is crazy, because as an alcoholic myself I know that no one, no one, NO one, especially not some random stranger off the internet, can make you change unless you are ready to. But you have GOT to look at this for what it is. I won't tell you to stop because the only words that matter are those coming form inside you. Please though, take some time today to take a good, hard look at what you are doing. Re-read my post. I "wasn't that bad" either. Had my sh*t totally under control. I just happened to drink 2 bottles of wine a night. But nah, no problems. I worked out a lot, ate right, took my vitamins. No big deal. Let me tell you, something shifted, slowly, slowly so that I didn't really notice. And then, all of the sudden, BAM, I was sailing downhill and could not catch myself to stop. Doing all the things I said I'd never do- and you say you don't do- morning drinking, day drinking, shaking hands, liver damage, missing work and family obligations, not to mention the fact that I looked right sh*t.
So your girl broke up with you. That SUCKS. I am truly sorry and I know that the pain and confusion must be immense. Will drinking make it better? No. It will make it worse.
There is no "ideal" time to quit. There will always be an excuse if you look for it, always. A move, a break up, a new job, a death, a wedding, a birthday, a vacation, a fight, a tuesday night with nothing better to do, sunday brunch, just whatever, don't feel like quitting today.....
Get to your doctor. We can't help you with whether or not cold-turkey will be safe for you, your doctor can. Please, from one positive person to another, (I would say from one alcoholic to another but you have not labeled yourself as that and only you can admit that) get yourself together. You can DO THIS. You can. Come on!