Thread: well...
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
We gotta change up the plan to produce different results, something, anything, try something different and keep going at it!!

You can do this!!
Purple Knight always has very simple, eloquent posts. Change something!

I am not going to beat you up here formyson(well maybe a little) - I have no moral high ground. My only interest is to try and wake you up pal.

Here's your oldest post from December 2013
Well I've decided to clean up my act. I've been searching the web and came across this site . For the past 3 days I've been sober I've been coming here and reading posts a few times a day . Ive been drinking very heavy for the past 5 years every other day I recently had a son and I want to better my self and be his role model and I can't do that unless I'm sober. I want to lead him in the right directions and not make the wrong choices I did. I grew up with 2 drunks for parents and I thought it was normal to be drunk all the time . but its not normal and I'm on the verge of losing my family . so here I am and I need help . I'm 3 long days sober and that voice in my head is already going off . telling me I'm fine and I don't have a problem . but I'm tired of waking up in the morning with a hang over and telling my self I'll never drink again and hating my self . I need tips on how to keep my sobriety . I'm at work right now and I'm already thinking about drinking. I was scared to quit thinking to my self what am I going to do without my booze but these past 3 days I haven't felt better since I don't know how long ago . all of lies and broken promises and a lot of things I feel so guilty about .

You need two things - that's all. Willingness and desire - if and when you find these sobriety is highly likely. Until you do it's impossible. Hate to say that but it fact. Sobriety is not something you merely stumble over and catch like the flu. Of course unless your liver goes bad, you turn yellow and a doctor tells you death is imminent. Even then, many don't have the willingness and desire.

Each time you choose to drink again sobriety get further away as it kills your spirit.

Finally, you cannot quit drinking for someone else - this can get you in the door of AA or whatever you choose, but you must decide to quit for YOU.

There is a lot of good sobriety on these posts I have found. I am only approaching 60 days and it's taken me a long, long time.

I have picked up 4 24 hr chips in my life from AA. Three of which were over 20 years ago.I would go to a couple meetings, fool myself and then quit going. The last chip I picked up was 6/9/2014. I am now on track for 90 meetings in 90 days. I always tried to quit for my family. Here's the fallacy - Real Alkeyholics(me) are VERY SELFISH AND WILL NOT / CANNOT QUIT FOR OTHERS. Even though they(me) are not lying when they say this time for sure!

Most people like myself simply cannot do it on will power alone. PK is saying the same brain that tells you to drink can't tell you to stop! Something needs to be different.

Digest what I have posted please. If you are ready, you can do it -
You are among friends who give a S..T!