View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by PippiLngstockng View Post
Eventually a nice man will come around and I will be ready for him. Unless xah destroys me first.
I guess my concern for you is this; Will you really be ready like you say in the above sentence? If you are settling for more crumb-taking in these Band-Aid relationships, is it REALLY helping you further your ability to develop healthier future relationships? I fear that you are setting yourself up for more drama & eventual hurt because you have bigger expectations of these relationships than you are acknowledging.

That just maybe you are Acting Out from a Place of Hurting, without regard to who else YOU are hurting in your path & that one day you will wake up & say, "This isn't who I wanted to become in my recovery". Like someone else said, 2 wrongs don't make it right.

I won't lie - as a married woman no matter how much I *understand* your POV I can't condone it. It would devastate me to be on the receiving end of this treatment & while I've certainly had the opportunity for this many times over in my lifetime, it's definitely a hard boundary for me.

I'm sorry you are feeling low & hurting Pippi, and I'm sorry that your Ex is continuing to put you through these ridiculous paces. If it is looking like in the end you'll have lost everything of value to either neglect or legal fees, why hang on to ANYTHING? (I think you recently managed to get possession of most if not all of your material things left behind?) Why not just agree to walk away & worry more over child/spousal support instead? Get your name off of any kind of liability, let him have the assets he's going to ruin anyway & start over RIGHT NOW instead of letting him jerk you around like this? (Sorry if I'm oversimplifying or if you've already answered this questions ad nauseam...)