Old 08-04-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thatdeliveryguy

A unconventional view of the reality of alcholism

Hey folks TDG is alcoholic, man did this man love drinking. I drank and gambled myself to abject poverty, losing friends, and health issues at 34. I am not going to lie like many do, I loved drinking if I could do it again without damage I would.Yep, if I could drink again without afflicting damage on myself I would. However, that isn't an option anymore, now I need to be sober from my habits because my life has become " unmanageable" and I am in a bad place.

I am an atheist, a no nonsense guy, I was once told if life doesn't hurt enough go out and drink again, once it hurts enough get help. Well, I struggled and went through hell and back, homelessness, job loss, you know the story, chances if you are reading this you've been there and done that or worse.

Yes the idea of confronting an addict of drinking again and telling them hey look you want to drink, drink buddy flies in the face of everything taught to us. However, lets get serious, you are where you are because you didn't listen the advice of others, you thought or think you know better. Well guess what, most of us alkies think that at sometime and always end up in wrong and inflicting more damage on us.

I am not condoning drinking, but I am saying if you don't want this, don't bother, we as a community will still be here when it hurts enough. Yes, rock the world, TDG told an alkie to drink, but really they are the folks that will drink no matter what! No harm, just life, I mean when does reality hit the tracks.

I relapsed more than once, I loved relapsing, I thought man I got 16 days I don't need sobriety, I can handle this, and in the meantime watched life go to hell.

I am atheist I reject a traditional philosophy on the drink, all things many are taught in normal recovery or the existing ethos ( character in greek) that most are taught.

In my life I found I need to work a program and have boundries, I was taught do it this way or else. Well in my humble opinion be gone with that, I can reject the system but still work the elements that help me. I personally go to AA, but still have no higher power, other than alcohol and works the steps.

At the end of day its about doing what you gotta to do to stay sober, if you don't want to be sober, plenty of other folks do, not being unkind living reality, if you don't want to STOP you won't and nobody will stop you. What the hell? Am I wrong or the devil for telling it how it is, I hope not I love everyone and want everyone to stop, but if you don't want to do something TDG can't make you. Unconventional and against so many beliefs, but hey at least honest is found here.

If alcohol is damaging your life, and you can't won't stop consider harm reduction, if you know that you can't handle a drink stop and consider AA or rational recovery or CBT, but if you don't really want sobriety TDG is going to say it how it is, drink brother/sister, nobody can stop. The abilty to stop or starts lies within you and you only. Praying ( as an atheist, ask me how if you want to learn how) for you and stay safe and sober. Yes this is unconvential view of sobriety, but bringing the truth as TDG see's it. Stay safe and sober work, what works for you!