Thread: Prazosin
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Boudicca

Originally Posted by Riverbird View Post
Not trying to be argumentative, just want to make sure I understand... If this is supposed to help me calm down, sleep, and not have nightmares, is it really not a bad sign that it seems to be causing anxiety and nightmares?

I will probably call my doctor on Monday and see if she'll talk to me over the phone without an appointment.

I do all the bedtime routine stuff and get myself to the point where I feel like there's no way I could possibly stay awake any longer...but as soon as my head hits the pillow I'm wide awake again. The only "routine" i've found that works at all is to do something active like cleaning until I'm so tired I can't think straight and then I just fall asleep wherever I am. Obviously that's not really a long-term solution.
Not argumentative at all.....quite the contrary! You are obviously concerned and rightly so. I am simply explaining that sometimes prazosin can cause anxiety in the beginning (like many medications) and that this is usually normal. Vivid dreaming can also occur when first commencing use. That said, it is important that you speak with your doctor. Ultimately only you can determine what medications you are comfortable taking. I am merely suggesting that perhaps you may not have given the med enough time to work.
Hope everything works out.