View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SallyTaylor

My STBXAH would frequently send puzzlers like that over text whether drinking or sober. The most recent one sent at midnight began "In the end a snout wins" For the life of me I could not figure it out. In the past I would ruminate and try to figure out the riddle. This time I let it go. Then hours later it hit me - it was a reference to the dogs. His central thesis on our marriage going awry is that I love the dogs more than him (another gem sent while sober - "I would rather be an animal than a human in your world") Indeed - it is healthier for our own sanity to ignore these puzzlers, even when you finally do figure out the reference. Earlier this year around tax time we had another weird text exchange and finally after 3x of asking for a conversation in person rather than text I finally said I just don't understand why we can't have a conversation. His reply - "exactly" These types of exchanges are crazy-making, and they know it. They know they are sending weird cryptic texts/emails and they want the response that we are giving them. No more